Covid19 Entry in to St Maarten (SXM)
St Maarten is doing everything to make it easier for you to come back while keeping the island as safe as possible for those who are already enjoying the sun!
Official Government Of Sint Maarten Covid-19 page.
Mandatory Covid Insurance St Maarten
Update: March 11th 2021
From 19th January 2021, Covid insurance is required for all foreign nationals with the exception of visitors who arrive and leave the same day, crew members and transit/transfer passengers who don’t need to recheck their luggage. This is so that you receive the best care possible while on your vacation.
The St Maarten Visitors Protection Plan is sold via the mandatory health form on stmaartenentry.com.
Cost of Insurance
Ages 15 – 75
Effective 10 January 2021, a flat premium of $30 is charged for stays not exceeding 180 days.
The premium is non-refundable, unless you’ve made a duplicate purchase or if you cancelled your trip to St Maarten.
The premium must be paid every time you re-enter St Maarten.
Ages 0 -14:
St Maarten Entry Requirements
Ministers of TEATT Ludmila de Weever and VSA Richard Panneflek have updated the entry requirements to include antigen testing with effective date of November 25th 2020. Travellers to St. Maarten are required to complete a mandatory health authorization application via the Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) available on www.stmaartenentry.com and upload their negative RT-PCR test within 5 days or their negative antigen test result within 48 hours.
All passengers are required to fill out the Electronic Health Authorization System Form
Not all passengers are required to have Covid-19 Negative Test documentation for entry. You only require this if you are from a high-risk country.
Travellers coming from low-risk countries are not required to take a COVID-19 test as long as they have not been in any of the high-risk countries in the last 14 days prior to their St Maarten Travel. Children under 10 years of age are exempted from the mandatory COVID-19 test.
In case St Maarten isn’t right for you at this time; use this World Map with real-time updates to find alternative destinations that are less restrictive based on travel conditions for each country.
World Interactive Travel Restrictions Map
I look forward to meeting you for a beer in St Maarten!
Call me to give us your story to be featured on our website.
Please help share your experience; good or bad.
Ritika: +1721 526 1819
Residents of which country are permitted to enter or travel to St Maarten?
Check this link for most recent updates on Country Specific Risk Classification.
Are all visitors required to fill out the Electronic Health Authorization System Form?
Yes, all passengers are required to fill out the Electronic Health Authorization System Form.
What type of Covid19 test is the right one?
- A rt-PCR test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed in the country of origin and within 72 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten (last leg in case of connecting flights) is required for all travelers originating from a country that is categorized as high risk. Antibody tests and tests performed outside of the 72 hours period will not be accepted. Results from home covid-19 collection test kits will also not be accepted. Airlines might require you to show a negative lab test result. For travelers from the USA, US territories and Canada the time frame remains 120 hrs. prior to departure. This will remain in effect as long as the national health authorities of the USA and Canada do not require differently for their traveling citizens.
- Alternatively, travelers originating from the USA and Canada can do an antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab performed within 48 hours prior to departure to St Maarten Travel. All FDA approved antigen tests including those with Emergency Use Authorization only (EUA) are accepted. Tests performed outside of the 48 hours period and home tests will not be accepted.
- Travelers residing in and/or traveling from a low-risk country are exempted from the mandatory rt-PCR or antigen test.
- Travelers who reside in a low-risk country but have visited a high-risk country in the 14 days prior to departing to Sint Maarten, must also have a rt-PCR or antigen test for the SARS-COV-2 virus performed in the country of origin within 72 respectively 48 hours prior to departure to Sint Maarten (last leg in case of connecting flights).
- The original test result to be uploaded as part of EHAS application procedure must clearly specify the name of the laboratory or clinic, full name of test subject, type of test administered, name of antigen test, swab date, source of the swab, result date and a negative result. Incomplete results, hand written or e-mail statements from doctors will not be accepted.
- Children of age 10 and under are exempted from the mandatory rt-PCR or antigen test. As of the day after the 10th birthday, a rt-PCR or antigen test has to be submitted.
- Airline and private flight crews with stopovers in St. Maarten or St. Martin must demonstrate a valid negative rt-PCR or antigen test upon arrival. Crew members not in possession of a valid negative rt-PCR or antigen test must self-quarantine until their departure flight.
How to find a lab to test near you
We have heard that this information is difficult to find so we have researched the wonderful internet to find this as the best resource to find a testing lab near you.
Make sure the lab administers rt-PCR tests and Rapid Antigen tests obtained from a naso-pharyngeal swab.
Please check: Test For Travel.
Is St. Maarten open to marine vessels, boats, yachts?
St. Maarten is now open to yachts, cruisers and private vessels. A local registered agent is required for all vessels. Please contact a local agent for more information on the protocol and to arrange your arrival. For more information, you can go to the official website of The St. Maarten Marine Trade Association. If you are arriving from outside of one of the Approved countries listed then a 14 day quarantine may be required as well as a COVID-19 PCR test taken and result received within 120 hours prior to departure.
What restrictions are there in moving around between French side and the Dutch side?
You are able to stay, travel, move around, drive and dine on the French side or Dutch side. There are new business opening restrictions on the French side.
What should I do if i suspect I have COVID-19 while on-island?
St Maarten Travel, If you are feeling unwell and suspect that you may have COVID-19, please contact your Front Desk or one of the COVID-19 task force members of your property you are staying at, or dial the hotline 914. We recommend you familiarize yourself with the property’s guidelines before or upon arrival.
What is the real estate market like with Covid-19
After a slow start, the real estate market in St Maarten is back! There are a lot of properties for sale and the market is turning around slowly, but there is significant activity and interest. I have had my best year since 2017!
The vacation rental market has been severely affected, however, it has created an environment which will lead to significant improvements in this area. Century21 is leading the pack with plenty of free upgrades when booked via us.