I was there at the birth of Indigo Bay Villas.
I was there when it took its first steps.
I saw it grow.
I saw it fall.
I was there to help it up.
Indigo Bay is a personal love affair.
You may think I am crazy, but Indigo Bay is close to me. I have spent twenty years of my life working on it. I know its dark secrets; I know why you should and shouldn’t buy there.
My honest review: It is the only well planned residential villa estate in Sint Maarten. The location, the security, the ocean views, landscape and the beach, there is nothing that comes in such a perfect package as Indigo Bay!
Villas are designated as single-family homes only. This keeps the estate from being overdeveloped and there are also height restrictions to ensure everyone has an unobstructed view.
Once you have seen other properties in Sint Maarten, Indigo Bay sells itself. There is no comparison in terms of location!
Indigo Bay Long Lease
One issue that everyone brings up is the private lease. Indigo Bay is private lease land. In Sint Maarten all beachfront land or estates are sold under Government or Private Lease.
The lease is automatically renewed and it has been like this for centuries! There is absolutely nothing to worry about. This is common in most of the Caribbean islands.
How is Indigo Bay Long Lease Rent Calculated
The prorated Annual Long lease rent will be calculated & invoiced as follows:
- The total Annual Long lease rent from 2019 until 2028 is $270,000.
- As such, prorated annual Long lease rent per M2 = approximately $0.57 i.e. the present “Base rent”, based on a buildable area at the Villas of 475,000 M2 (117.4 acres).
- As such, the 2019 Longlease rent for a 1,200 M2 Lot is approximately $682.
- Prorated Longlease rent is applicable from the date of the Closing for each Lot.
- The Base rent will remain in place until the end of 2028. For the period 2029-2088; the total annual Long lease rent will be $300,000 i.e. an increase of 11.11% via a one-time adjustment of the Base rent. As such the annual prorated Longlease rent for a 1,200 M2 Lot from 2029 until 2088 is about $758.
Even in today’s market, I have received three offers for Bay villas within the last two weeks. The interest in Indigo Bay just doesn’t stop.
Your villa will always appreciate in price. As they say, beachfront real estate never depreciates.